Voluntarios (30-40 min., work-in-progress)
presented by Justin Crimone and Mark Staley
A documentary about The Whole Foods Market Team Member Volunteer Program in Guatemala with Corporate Alliance/GVI, as experienced by Mark Staley. The short features stories about:
- The Pena Blanca Indigenous Communities Teaching Program in Panajachel, Guatemala where volunteers work and play with grade students to support their growth education
- The Stove Project, where volunteers helped support the community with their involvement in building carbon-efficient stoves for the homes of students from the school
- Micro-loans and the Grameen Bank while visiting the community in Santa Catarina where the Whole Planet Foundation is working
- Organic coffee farming on Volcano Atìtlan, where the farmer Martin grows coffee for Allegro, a Whole Foods Market company
- Mayan culture in Guatemala.
This is a work in progress and we would love as much input into its creation as we can get.
It's for the community by the community.