Eva WeberLondon-based filmmaker Eva Weber is the 2019 Documentary Filmmaker in Residence at Robert Morris University. Her films, carefully crafted yet unfolding naturally on the screen, have played in dozens of festivals, including Sundance, Telluride, and Full Frame in the US, and all over Europe.
- Reindeer (3 min) An impressionistic portrait of reindeer herding in the twilight expanses of the Lappish wilderness.
- Steel Homes (10 min) A poetic portrait of life at a self-storage warehouse, ‘Steel Homes’ explores the fragmented nature of memories, set in the starkly beautiful aesthetic of ou rmodern industrial world.
- The Solitary Life of Cranes (27 min) Part city symphony part visual poem, ‘The Solitary Life of Cranes’ explores the invisiblelife of a city, its patterns and hidden secrets, seen through the eyes of crane driversworking high above its street
- The Intimacy of Strangers (20 min) 'The Intimacy of Strangers' is tells a story of life, love, loss and hope-entirelyconstructed out of real, overheard cell phone conversations of randomstrangers. Exploring the conflict between the private and public, between being intimate yet distant, the film weaves these seemingly random exchanges into a modern-day love story that is both absurd and tender.
- Ghost Wives - Trailer (4 min) A non-fiction feature set in China, ‘Ghost Wives' tells the story of Li Jie, a Chinese journalist, who investigates the case of a real-life serial killer – Song Tiantang, a 53-year old man, who killed six women to sell their bodies for ghost weddings.
460 Melwood Ave. North Oakland 15213
6:30p Food & Social
7:00p Screening & Discussion
Coming up in January, Salon member Mark Knobil and José Muniain are debuting DOCSHOP Studio, a hands-on workshop where you can learn the fundamentals of making a compelling documentary.